Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis beginner question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Orest_iy
479 Views, 1 Reply

Stress Analysis beginner question

Hello,

I have an assembly with moving parts.

I need to apply a certain loads in certain directions and values in certain positions.

The goal is to estimate the parts designs and chosen Material will withstand the load and will have an elastic deformation with some certain calculated displacements.

So the question is not mostly about the displacement values of deformation but rather the part is going to take a previous shape after the load is released.

I wish I can estimate the load were it is going to start a plastic deformation and complete break to roughly estimate the load safety factor.

So far the tutorial clearly shows the week spots and Max values of pressure and deformation.

Please advise could Inventor estimate the type of deformation (Elastic or Plastic) occured within certain load and Material or I should do it myself?

Best regards,

Orest Yavtushenko

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: Orest_iy

It sounds like you want to work in Dynamic Simulation and push out to FEA.
What reference book are you using?
In any case, Inventor only calculates in the elastic deformation range - not plastic deformation.
You will need some other analysis software for that.

Can you attach the assembly here? (or at least a screen capture)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report