Inventor General Discussion

psouza
Message 1 of 2 (267 Views)
Accepted Solution

Stress Analysis - Angular displacement instead of force

267 Views, 1 Replies
12-17-2012 10:55 AM

Hi,

My name is Pedro, I'm mechanical designer in Brazilian Synchotron Light Lab.

We are projecting a support for one mirror of our Infrared beam line. The support is a block with a rotational weak link and that needs to be rotated about +/- 1°. I would like to know a way to insert this angular displacement and get the stress in the weak link area.
I dont have the moment loads and components.

I hope anyone can help me.

Thanks.
Pedro

I'm not aware of any prescribed rotation displacement constraints in Inventor Stress Analysis. You should be able to use the prescribed "fixed" translational displacement constraints to achieve similar results. See attachment for clarification.

Product Support
innovatenate
Message 2 of 2 (226 Views)

Re: Stress Analysis - Angular displacement instead of force

12-19-2012 05:42 PM in reply to: psouza

I'm not aware of any prescribed rotation displacement constraints in Inventor Stress Analysis. You should be able to use the prescribed "fixed" translational displacement constraints to achieve similar results. See attachment for clarification.

Nathan Chandler

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!