Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stress analyses

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Henrik_Lo
360 Views, 2 Replies

stress analyses

HI

How to make a stress analyses for this part.

I place a load 100kg. at the top

It is manly how to place the constrains, I fasten this with 4 M16skrues, see the holes.

How to do this.

Regards

Henrik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Henrik_Lo

By no means should you take my idea as the best solution; however, this is how I would perform the analysis on your bracket....

1.Create circles on the back of the plate around the holes.  The diameter of the circles should be the same size as the screw head. 

2. Use the split tool and spit all 4 circles so that you end up with circular sections around the screw holes.  This would simulate the bolt holding the bracket in place.

3. Next in your simulation, fix the faces around the screw holes, apply your desred load and simulate.

I hope someone who is better suited for this can chime in.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

To add to this, I would use a the Vector constrain option for the fixed constraint in the X direction and apply Piinned constraints inside the fastner holes.

Remember to add Gravity and the correct direction (Apple) icon and select the correct direction

The load will be placed across the whole upper surface with uniform loading.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report