Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Yellow Work Plane?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1033 Views, 10 Replies

Strange Yellow Work Plane?

I recently tried to move a work plane in a sketch and when i exited this strange yellow plane appeared and i cant find a way to remove it. Can someone please explain to me what this is and how i remove it? 😮

I added a screenshot of it to look at.

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Under the Object Visibility show that all Workplane Visibility it off (your image doesn't show the drop down).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

You have probably created a plane in one of your parts that was refrenced from a plane in another part.

Or you created a sketch off of a plane in another part - same result.

Inventor automaticaly creates a workplane in your part to represent the plane in the other, and if not associative it grounds it.

If you grab the object selector tool and pick "select sketch features"  you can then pick the plane and turn its visibility off with the right click,  or "find in browser" and turn it off there.

(if there is a fluke an you cannot pick it no matter what  (I think I ran into this once) find the part it is in, and turn it off in the parts own tree.)  If advanced highlight is on,  the plane should light up with the part.

I recommend NOT turning off ALL work planes as stated above,   when you need them, and turn them back on,  every plane you don't want will appear along with the ones you do.  They your stuck continually turning all planes on and off.

Also consider creating user view representations with planes, or planes you want, "ON".  You can switch to these views to interact with planes if needed.  Get in the habit of creating view reps for working purposes only, then delete them as they are only temporary work views.  They you don't have to play with visibility settings in your main views all the time.

T.S.

Message 4 of 11
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum.

What has already been stated is correct.  Like JD mentioned, turning off the Origin Planes and the User Work Planes should turn it off.

planes.PNG

What is strange is that the yellow plane is what it looks like when it is selected from the browser.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Cadmanto

That's the easy fix that may get him into trouble later(still good to know though)  see my post above.

Turning on work planes near the end of a project and being bombarded by 10,000 planes can be a pain.

manage them individually as you go along to avoid this nightmare.

T.S.

Message 6 of 11
Cadmanto

T.S.

I don't disagree with you at all.  Just depends on the OP's  objective.

It's great that he has all avenues in this thread to hopefully accomplish what he is looking for.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Cadmanto

I knew you knew 🙂    Early habits are the most important things to get right for a new user.

1,652 posts,  now that's contributing.

and I like your signature block,  makes you look like a heavily decorated soldier 🙂 

Message 8 of 11
Cadmanto

T.S.

Understood.

Thank you.  They are just done with images in macros.

I like to help people and if I learn something along the way, all the better.  Smiley Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 11
cbenner

@Cadmanto wrote:

T.S.

Understood.

Thank you.  They are just done with images in macros.

I like to help people and if I learn something along the way, all the better.  Smiley Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

What I don't understand, Scott, is how you passed me in posts!?!  Must have been while I was on vacation!  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

Someone had to answer those tough questions while you were floating out in the middle of no where!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.  Smiley Wink

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks guys for all the support. I really appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report