Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange symbol appeared in front of sketch name in browser,,,,

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
harold.rast15
2859 Views, 22 Replies

strange symbol appeared in front of sketch name in browser,,,,

i had an issue with runaway parameter generation in a sketch,, Inventor created 6647 parameters for the sketch while only a little over a hundred were legitmate,,,,  terrible slow of my system,,,, could not delete the exceess parameters,,,

finally deleted the sketch (.ipt file) and the (.iam) files I had started and which had become messed up - - - - -- 

now the original sketch NAME has a strange symbol in front of it in the browser,,

a curved red and blue pair of arrows,,

sort of arranged like the Pisces astrological symbol,,,,

i cannot find it in the help screens,,, of course I do not know it's name which makes searching more difficult - - - - 

can anyone help me with WHAT IS THE SYMBOL'S NAME,,,,,,,   AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN ?????

(right clicking on sketch name offers copy and delete,,,, BUT NOT SHARE SKETCH)   ???   

Harold Rast

please reply to marchwind36@gmail.com 

thanks

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
LT.Rusty
in reply to: harold.rast15

Post your assembly and your parts here, we'll take a look at it and figure it out.  (Remember: assembly AND parts.  The assembly is just an XML document with information about where the parts go.)

Rusty

EESignature

Message 22 of 23
harold.rast15
in reply to: admaiora

HI admaiora,,,
i just did a right click and 'unchecked' adaptive and the symbol went away !!
i also followed your link above,, found it helpful {-8
THANKS
Harold
Message 23 of 23
harold.rast15
in reply to: LT.Rusty

LT.RUSTY,,,,,

I CANNOT post the file with the runaway parameters  because I HAVE DELETED IT,,,,

However I CAN tell you that first off I went the wrong way,, wrong planning/thinking ,,,, in my approach to things,,,

What I did was place the part in the assembly file four times,,, thinking I WAS GOING TO MODIFY the individual parts in the assembly file  WRONG!!!

What I need to do,,, and am in process of now,,, is to create three modifications to the original part,, as SEPARATE PARTS,,,, 

then place those DIFFERENT parts into the assembly file,,,,  not sure why I GOT OFF DOING IT THE WRONG WAY,,,

(probably thought I took a shortcut )

Anyway I CAN describe what happened to the parameter file  if this helps,,,,

the creation of the original part involved 67 paramaters in the file - - - -

the creation of the sketch on the workplane at the side of the part involved an additional 61 parameters,,

when the system ranaway with the parameter file it left the original 67 parameters alone,,, but repeated and and repeated the last 61,,, 

until it finally stopped doing that,,, at parameter number 6647,,,,,,,,

I found I could not 'share' the sketch on the workplane,,,  and I CANNOT SHARE IT NOW,,,,,

I do have copy and delete available when i right click on it,,,  so perhaps that tells you something,,,

SO now it is time for me to go back at it and create those slightly different parts,,,,

thanks so much for your help,,, 

THAT THANK YOU GOES OUT TO mcgyvr,, and everyone else who responded to help me

Harold

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report