Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop an iLogic rule automatically running after edit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
waynehelley
1894 Views, 2 Replies

Stop an iLogic rule automatically running after edit

Hi there,

I have an ilogic rule which i only need to run when commanded to, as it was created to generate a bunch of drawings and may overwrite things that I have been working on.

The problem I have is that whenever I edit the rule, to save the changes I have to click 'OK' or click 'Cancel' then 'Yes' to save changes. Either way, the rule automatically runs.

Is there a way to stop this? If not, I thought about using a Yes/No message box which says "Are you sure you want to run this rule?" but I don't know how to write the code.  In the long run I want to make an input form for the rule but I am currently only using 2011.

A way around the problem would be to only edit the code, outside of Inventor but I need a better solution as I want to be able to pass this code onto my collegues for them to use.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Helley
Inventor 2013 Certified Professional

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023
Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: waynehelley

In the iLogic editor for this rule, go to the Options tab at the top.  Check the option for Suppressed.  When the rule is suppressed, the icon in the iLogic browser will be gray, but you can still run the rule manually by right-clicking the rule in the browser and choosing "Run Rule".

Message 3 of 3
waynehelley
in reply to: cwhetten

Hi cwhetten,

I have tried this method and it works for internal document rules but for external rules (which are what I need to use), suppressing through the options will make it so that the rule does not run automatically upon closing the rule editor for the first time around but when I return to the editor, the supression box is unchecked.

Wayne

Wayne Helley
Inventor 2013 Certified Professional

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023
Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report