Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(STL to Inventor format) Mesh Enabler for Students

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
nylrya
6873 Views, 14 Replies

(STL to Inventor format) Mesh Enabler for Students

Hi,

I am a student who has downloaded Inventor 2014 and wanting to use the Inventor Mesh add-in to convert a 3D model downloaded from the internet to use in my university project.  I assume that Mesh Enabler is capable of doing this, however I am not able to download it since its a subscription only download? is there another way for students to access this?

(http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3ameshen...)

If it's not possible for Inventor 2014, is there another version I can use / a third-party app that can assist me?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
scott.sheppard
in reply to: nylrya

Contact me at scott.sheppard@autodesk.com.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 15
gbrainar

Hello, I am also a student using Autodesk Inventor 2014 and actually have come to the same conclusion about mesh enabler. Was this issue resolved in this discussion or as asked is there an additional plugin that can be used for students?

Message 4 of 15
scott.sheppard
in reply to: gbrainar

There is no additional plug-in. I have had students contact me directly to discuss.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 15

Dear Scott,

If you've been able to resolve this I'd like to know as well.

My students find a lot of robotics and biomed related .stls they'd like to edit for our specific purposes.

If the Mesh Enabler or some other 3rd source program is available it would save us a lot of time.

Doc

Message 6 of 15

To date I have handled the students who have contacted me on an individual basis.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 15
andras23
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Hi Scott,

I too am a student (mechanical engineering student currently undertaking internship) and am using autodesk inventor at work and have a copy at home so I can edit my designs after work. I am interested in Mesh Enabler due to its capabilities to convert files from .STL to a solid body. If it is possible for me to obtain this software I would be most appreciate.

Kind Regards,

Andras

Message 8 of 15
scott.sheppard

I handle student requests on a one-off basis for students who email me at scott.sheppard@autodesk.com.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 15
mcgyvr

Scott.. You've got to feel like a broken record by now 🙂

To the students out there..

STL is the WORST format to get a 3d model into your CAD program.. Find STEP or IGES files instead.. Inventor opens them right out of the box..

STL is ONLY intended as an output format to send to 3d printers/stl machine software.. It was never intended for importing back into a cad program or to be used as a neutral format file for CAD exchange..(one CAD program to another).. Its for 3d printers.. Thats it. Get STP/IGES (STEP being preferred..)

But if you must.. Simply email scott

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 15
earnestjeffrey
in reply to: mcgyvr

no that does not help. how could it? to everyone else just email scott.

Message 11 of 15

nothing work or must registrer and give even a date of virginity lost ...

even after registration it show so problem not existe ....

Message 12 of 15

Can you try explaining your problem again?  Attach screen shots or files if that will help illustrate your problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 13 of 15
greere

I'm a mechanical engineering student at lansing community college, and afer searching for the plugin online I was only able to find an expired test version on autodesk labs. would it be possible for you to send me the mesh enabler for autodesk inventor 2014 ?

my email is greere@mail.lcc.edu 

thanks 

Message 14 of 15
JDMather
in reply to: greere

@greere wrote:

....would it be possible for you to send me the mesh enabler ....

I think post #2 in this thread gives precise instructions to students on how to get the Mesh Enabler add-in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 15 of 15
marcoleite

Hello 

Can I have acess to mesh enable. I am a Professor and need to convert 3D scanner to surfaces or solids.

Marco  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report