Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel and stainless steel appearance out of box

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
timdown73
1201 Views, 4 Replies

Steel and stainless steel appearance out of box

Hello,

Our appearances for Carbon steel and a few of the stainless steel appearances such as 310 and 317 were accidentally changed in our libraries.  So now we are caught in an "update" loop.  If we update and save our appearance in the Inventor library it then wants to change it in the Autodesk library and vice versa.  Could anyone tell me what the default appearance of Steel, Carbon in the Inventor library and Stainless Steel AISI 310 in the AutoDesk material library? 

-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: timdown73

What version of Inventor?

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 5
timdown73
in reply to: mpatchus

15 we are on subscription.

-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

Tim,

This is from 2013, but should be the same as 2015.

CARBON STEEL.JPGSS.JPG

Other then this, you could always reload the CC.

Hope this helps you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
dan_inv09

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the styles from whatever the top level is down?

Is there a way to synchronise them all at once?

I want to take what it is, where it came from, and what it's checking against and make them all the same.

My Standard.iam template has three colors: Aluminum - Flat, Silver, and Titanium that differ from the definitions in the style library. I think I used the Aluminum color in a part once, but I don't mess around like that in the assembly. Plus I don't think anyone else here knows how to even get to where you could change the colors. Somehow they got changed, it'd be nice if there was one button to change them back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report