Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Sketch in XZ Plane, screen rotates 180

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
SeanFarr
5855 Views, 20 Replies

Starting Sketch in XZ Plane, screen rotates 180

When ever I start a new sketch in the xz plane (viewing from top down) my sketch rotates 180 degrees. Not a huge deal to rotate it back, but not everything I create is symetrical and when I go to draw the part, I want a certain ISO view to be default. I know you can insert/obtain any view into the drawing but is there an option to stop this rotation or maybe I am not setting up something correctly.

Using Inventor Pro 2012

Thanks

Sean

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
3DAli
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Everyone, 

I know this issue has been super frustrating and even in 2023 version, still we are experiencing the same, I wanted to share a work around which might be helpful for you. 

I have attached a template file for part which has no issue and it works smoothly .There are three prebuilt sketches for Top, Front and Right views with their sketch coordinates fixed to avoid the unnecessary rotation. this works best if you use it with the following setting in Application Options/Display/Look at Behavior ---->Align with local coordinate system

in this solution, no changes is needed on the view cube there for everything works perfectly fine and no re-orientation is required.

the template is saved in 2022 version , and hopefully you will find this beneficial. 

Screen Cast Demo 

If you needed any help or assistance with this I will be happy to connect and help

Signature_Small

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report