Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked Fractions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LonesomeJoe
2688 Views, 5 Replies

Stacked Fractions

My Inventor's playing with me... When I use Leader text and type a fraction, a message box pops up asking me if I want to stack the fractions.  I don't, which has always been the default, so I just hit "Enter".  Suddenly, it's decided to go ahead and stack them, and now the box does not come up, so I can't tell it not to.  Where do I choke it to get it back to not stacking the fractions, or at least give me the option box??  R2010, S.P.0.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

AHA!!  Found it!!... My mousie has been kinda jumpy lately, and I hit the "Do Not Show This Dialog Box Again" checkbox accidentally.

Message 3 of 6
rwright363

So how did you find it.  I have the same problem

Message 4 of 6

Hi rwright363,

You can give this a try:

Edit the text object and then select the stacked text, then right-click, and choose Properties on the shortcut menu, then click the AutoStack button as shown:

If that doesn't do it, you might also look at this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Stacked-Fractions-Not-Working/m-p/3911730#M469838

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 6
rwright363

I solved the problem.  Might have been just dumb luck but this worked.

I'm sure I had checked the "do not show me again..." button because even the right click method didn't work in any existing drawing file I opened.

Just for fun I tried creating a fraction in "Drawing 1" which I had never used or saved.  Voila!  It worked.  After resetting the optios in the Auto Stack dialogue box  to horizontal fractions, I opened an existing drawings and the Auto Stack box was accessible and the settings were as I had chosen in "Drawing 1".  I never did save "Drawing 1" either.

Message 6 of 6
keras

It worked great! Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report