Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sproket

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Talayoe
634 Views, 5 Replies

Sproket

Hey,

I wish to build a 120-8 (1.5P) Sproket. Inventor Generator only gives me up to 120-6....any ideas to get the 8?

tks

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Talayoe

@Talayoe wrote:

Inventor Generator only gives me up to 120-6...?

tks

Sprocket, as in roller chain sprocket?  Or spur gear?  What standard are you using?

Can you attach the file here that Inventor did create?

Post screen shots of the Inventor screen.  More information is needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD,

First thing I noticed was that I apparently cannot spell sproCket! lol

Ok, sorry for the confusion. What I am looking for is a 120-8 Sprocket (roller chain type), ASME B29.1M type. Inventor gives me a max number of 120-6 (6 seperate sprockets on one hub essentially). But I need 8 and since this a standard item to purchase I wondered how I can get this done... in all honesty I can hack it together if I need to, but would prefer to have a properly generated part using the roller chain generator if possible.

Can I add a file? I dont think so.... unless you can enlighten me. Inventor creates the IAM file and then the subsequent 'design' files for each sprocket and the chain. Wouldnt it lose ties if I pull the files out of the folder(s)?

Tks, and sorry it took so long to reply. Didnt take my laptop to the lake this weekend (No work, just play!) =]

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 6
JDMather

@Talayoe wrote:

Inventor creates the IAM file and then the subsequent 'design' files for each sprocket and the chain. Wouldnt it lose ties if I pull the files out of the folder(s)?

Is it important to you to maintain the Design Acclerator link (especially since Inventor DA won't automatically create this for you anyhow)?

How many teeth on the sprockets?

All of the parametric information needed to add additional sprockets to the hub is in the feature tree.

In fact, you should be able to edit the part and still have the DA link to everything. (prior to the edit)  (kind of similar to a Derived Component)

Parametric Sprocket.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: JDMather

HI JD,

78 & 26. I will try fiddling with the tree and see what I can get.

tks

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 6 of 6
Talayoe

Found something did the trick dead on the money. 

When you click on the little dots beside your sprocket (sprocket properties) you get the pop up seen below. Then you click 'Customer number of strands' shown by top left arrow, and then change the arrow on the right to 8 (or whatever needed).

This will save the problem, apparently, of needing to modify the tree.

Tks so much, at least in talking about it, I think we are in the right place here! 🙂

Untitled.jpg

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report