Inventor General Discussion

Mentor
safiredesignengineers
Message 1 of 4 (232 Views)

Spring in curved slot

232 Views, 3 Replies
07-21-2011 05:40 AM

Hey group

I need a compression spring to fit in a curved slot, can this be done with design accelerator and also in simulation?

Regards Adrian

Mentor
safiredesignengineers
Message 2 of 4 (190 Views)

Re: Spring in curved slot

07-22-2011 08:37 AM in reply to: safiredesignengineers

hi group, So is it possible to build a spring around a curve centre line? this would make designing springs to fit in curved slots a lot easier?

and will this be able to be used in simulation as well?

Adrian

Mentor
Mike_Maenpaa
Message 3 of 4 (172 Views)
Mentor
safiredesignengineers
Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)

Re: Spring in curved slot

07-23-2011 05:10 AM in reply to: Mike_Maenpaa

Hi Mike

thanks for your input, however I need more than just the part / graphical representation, I would like the spring to be usable in simulation as well so I can look at the forces and the way it behaves.

It would be good if in simulation and design accelerator a spring could be calculated to start and finish at selcted faces and follow a centre line and then it would follow the curve!

Regards Adrian

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.