Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split folded sheet metal part to several parts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daniel.bjoerkman
725 Views, 3 Replies

Split folded sheet metal part to several parts

Hi! 

I have made a sheet metal part in inventor (see image). I have made the part as it will be in the finished production state. The problem is that the part is impossible to bend from one single plate, so it has to be made from several plates and welded together. 

What i want to do is to remove the four corner plates (denoted with red arrows in the image) and make a flat pattern for these separately.

The reason i made these corner plates in my model is to get the assembled part 100% correct. if i dont, inventor doesnt make the angles that i need between the flanges in the top. 

I hope you understand as I find this difficult to explain.

Thank you

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: daniel.bjoerkman

Not sure why you are saying it cannot be created from a single plate.

bjoerkman-flat.JPG

bjoerkman-folded.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
daniel.bjoerkman
in reply to: mpatchus

Sorry, 

Of course in Inventor it's possible, however in real life this will be very difficult to manufacture with the equipment we have available. 

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: daniel.bjoerkman

Treating this file as your layout, derive it into two new parts and lop off the 45° pieces in one file, and lop off everything except one 45° piece in the other.  Then create a weldment as your finished part.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report