Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spline

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
leech10
517 Views, 4 Replies

Spline

Hello

I made clutch disc. I drawn it in and at the beginning I had a problem with revolve function. Finally I used sketch doctor and I did my part. I wanted to add spline and now problem occured. I cannot select one of the surfaces The end one in screenshot highlighted by red arrow.( I attached second screenshot when face for creation of spline can be selected, but why this end one cannot be?).

How can I amend my project to be able to add the spline. I think problem is with sketch creation and sketch doctor. I drawn this part by drawning one line, clicking Ok then second, then third etc. then I connected evberything with the sketch docotr( closing loops and doing constraints)

I made this element before but I drawn it at once( then spline could be made), not by drawing separate lines, however I would like to be able to draw it with separate lines which I need to connect as it is good for me to add curves or circular shaper. please help me with solving this issue 

Regards

Peter 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: leech10

Can you attach the ipt file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
leech10

Hi

Please see attached

Regards

Piotr

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

Your sketch  is not constrained.

The centerline is not horzontal.

The small line at right end in image is not vertical - resulting in a face that is not planar when you Revolve.

I recommend you start here http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

Not Vertical.png

A proper sketch (and designed for manufacture part) should look something like this.

Proper Sketch.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
leech10

<p>Hi<p><br><p><br><p><br><p>Thank you I finished my project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report