Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spec's for foam

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
9411 Views, 6 Replies

spec's for foam

I have looked on that web site for materials but they nothing listed there for foam, does anyone have a material for foam that they could e-mail me. I need the mass info.

Chris
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What kind of foam?  I've seen foam from 1.2
pcf up to 4 pcf.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
have looked on that web site for materials but they nothing listed there for
foam, does anyone have a material for foam that they could e-mail me. I need
the mass info.

Chris

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

A little more info is needed....open cell, closed
cell etc.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
the mass info.

Chris

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

A search for Foam at
href="http://www.matweb.com">http://www.matweb.com
 lists 220
types.

Mike

I
the mass info.

Chris

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

My experience with foam has been figure out your required properties and call your part manufacturer or material supplier. You can get a bazillion foams off matweb but your supplier may not want to stock them etc. Figure our chemical resistance, flammability, color, density/hardness etc. and talk to whomever you have previous experience with purchasing from. If they can't come up with a solution then you go with something like matweb.
Message 6 of 7
xavierl

If you are doing composite glass foam work then it usually is urethane or PVC or styrofoam. urethane is usually 2lb/ft3(30kg/m3) and is non-structural or good for making surfboards.

PVC is the main structural foam and ranges from 45kg/m3 to about 250kg/m3, where its just about harder than wood. Contact a glass/resin/foam supplier for tecnical info.

regards, Frans X Liebenberg.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

We use a lot of 4# polyurethane because it can be UL 94 V-0 and is readily available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report