Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpacePilot glitch until complete malfunction!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Meranea
879 Views, 11 Replies

SpacePilot glitch until complete malfunction!

I'm facing a serious problem with the 3D-Mouse.

Navigation with the SpacePilot works sometimes, most of the time when I try to rotate, it's stalling until to complete stop.

I think it's the same problem as described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/3dxconnexion-glitch-in-Inventor-2013/td-p/4294129

or here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/3D-Mouse-not-working-with-Inventor-2014/td-p/4312100

I had this problem with Autodesk 2013, then I was hoping that this problem will dissapear with 2014, but the problem is still there.

I've updated all the drivers from 3D Connexion, without success.

Then I wrote to 3D Connexion. They analyzed the Logfile. According to the statements of 3DConnexion it must be a problem in Autodesk Inventor!

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

You have listed nothing about your computer specifications, nor any other programs that are loaded along with Inventor and the 3D mouse.  If you want users to help that may have had similar issues, you need to provide much more info..

Message 3 of 12

Hello Stephen,

here the specs:

Xeon W3520 @2.67GHz 

12GB RAM

Windows 7 SP1 / 64

Nvidia Quadro FX 1800

Inventor Professional 2015

SpacePilot

Release 3.17.8

(Driver Version 6.17.8)

Firmware 4.05

App in Autodesk deactivated.

What else is needed?

Message 4 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: Meranea

I've been using this driver without any issues in Inventor.. 

Some people recommend hitting the calibrate button every day also.. (I never have and have never had a problem with it)

spacepilot.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 12
Meranea
in reply to: mcgyvr

calibrating has no impact. Also to deactivate the logfile function.

When I click on the Windows task outside Inventor, so the Inventor window isn't active, the rotate works well.

But this can't be the solution....

Does someone know, how to contact Autodesk directly?

Message 6 of 12
mcgyvr

And have you tried updating the driver for your regular mouse? not the space pilot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 12
Meranea
in reply to: mcgyvr

And have you tried updating the driver for your regular mouse?

Yes, driver is the latest!

I made a mistake in the specs:

Inventor 2014 SP2 not 2015!!

Message 8 of 12

Is the problem new or has it been going on for awhile?  If new, what was the last software installed onto the computer or has there been any hardware changes recently?

Do you have dual monitors?

Have you uninstalled then re-installed Inventor (including service packs), made sure it works properly without the 3D mouse, then reinstall the 3D mouse driver?

Message 9 of 12

The problem started about 4 months ago.

It startet without any changes in Soft- or Hardware.

Since the problem occured, I installed more RAM and upgraded to Inventor 2014.

I also have a dual-monitors since 2 months, but as I said, the problem started before.

I de- and reinstalled the 3DConnexion driver today, but after 2 hours working without problems, the issue is back now.

Inventor was upgraded to 2014 last week from the company we've got the subscription.

I really hope it's not necessary to do that, because it will cost time and money!
And without guarantee that it will solve the issue.....

Message 10 of 12

An earlier suggestion was to review or update your mouse driver (non-3D mouse).  Is the mouse you are using the same as others in your workplace?  Maybe it would be a good test to temporarily try an alternate mouse to see if that helps.  I use a microsoft "wheel mouse optical USB" mouse with the generic driver included with windows 7pro.

Another thing you may want to try is changing where the mice are connected to the computer.  Try and plug them in direct with no hubs etc..  Usually in the back of the computer is best.

Hope this help as I am out of suggestions.

Stephen R.

Message 11 of 12
blair
in reply to: stephenrottloff7259

I would do a complete un-install of the 3dConnexion device and drivers, run something like Ccleaner from Piriform.com and use the Registry cleaner function. Do a reboot of the machine and install the latest drivers again from 3dConnexion. I might try the device on another machine as well just to see than you don't have a bad motion controller.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

You might try completely removing the 3D Connexion device and drivers, actually disconnecting it from the computer, then reinstalling.

This has worked for me in the past.

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report