Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Navigator mouse pulls focus from Edit View window

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jedistocky23
999 Views, 9 Replies

Space Navigator mouse pulls focus from Edit View window

If I need to edit a view in a drawing I right-click, then Edit View.

Doing this brings up the relevant window to change representations & such, but after about 0.25 seconds the window looses focus and so if I type, suddenly I'm typing into some other running program's window, and not anywhere in the Edit View window.

The window is still there, but it is as if a mouse button has been clicked out of inventor, so the GUI has faded a little.

I can easily click back into it and do what I need to but it's annoying.

Unplugging the Space Navigator makes the problem go away.

Is there some setting that I've missed?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blair
in reply to: jedistocky23

There has been instances of the "puck" getting stuck when the unit is stored in it's travel case. Run the calibration function in the 3dConnexion software. Also make sure you are on the latest version software/drivers.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 10
jedistocky23
in reply to: blair

I've just updated to the current drivers and software.

It still does it, but there only if you use the right-click gestures.

So if I right click, hold it and move the mouse down (to bring up the Edit View GUI), the problems occurs.

But if I right click, then select Edit View WITHOUT using the gesture method (regular click), the problem does not occur.

So we half-fixed it! Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 10
mcgyvr

Did you run the calibration function?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 10
JDMather

We have a lab with 25 of these devices.

We have learned through experience to Calibrate every day or at any time the software does not respond as expected.

calibrate.PNG

If this doesn't help, post back and I'll see if I can reproduce the behavior you are reporting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
LT.Rusty
in reply to: JDMather

Wish that calibration would fix mine at home ...  it wanders constantly, and the calibration function doesn't even appear to start.  It's 8 years old, though - I bought it used, as an off-lease thing.  Probably just about time to suck it up and buy a new one.  😞

Rusty

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
jedistocky23
in reply to: LT.Rusty

mcgyvr -> I ran the 'Calibrate' function, the LEDs blinked for a second or 2, then it said it was done.

The problem is still there.

JDMather -> Just a heads-up; The new software I installed last week no longer looks like that. So watch out for the new look when you update yours. The calibrate command has been moved to the right-click menu in the system tray.

Message 8 of 10
blair

I wonder if it's your mouse drivers giving you problems. I might try removing the 3Dconnexion drivers first, rather than just doing a re-install. I might try doing a un-install and install of the mouse drivers as well.

Don't think it really matter what side the Calibrate button is on, as long as it works.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10
jedistocky23
in reply to: blair

I tried uninstalling the regular mouse then plugging it back in to pick up the drivers again. No luck.

I unplugged the Space Navigator and restarted, then loaded inventor. It still does the same thing.

I was easily able to replicate the problem on the workstation next to me.

I can't be the only one experiencing this.

I found that the mouse-gesture way of bringing up the Edit View GUI (or Base View GUI for that matter) throws the focus back to the drawing you have open at the time, not to another program (as I mentioned earlier), so when you bring up that GUI pressing the arrow keys will move the drawing around behind the then out-of-focus GUI.

My specs, for those of you playing at home:

Win 7 x64, 16gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro K4000, 250gb SSD, MS keyboard & mouse (wired)

Inventor 2013 (Product Design Suite) SP2 update 4

Message 10 of 10
blair

Odd, have you tried updating the Nvidia graphics drivers to the latest Microsoft certified version. Don't know what else to say/try. Can't recall every having a problem with Inventor and 3dConnexion products.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report