Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting parameters within Ilogic rule and forms

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gazadder
713 Views, 7 Replies

Sorting parameters within Ilogic rule and forms

I know how to tempererally sort parameters when opening the parameters menu in the tool bar but is there a way to sort parameters by name when accessing the prarameter list in an Ilogic rule or within a form?

I have an ilogic assembly and basically I have over 250 user parameters and I'm finding it increasingly frustrating at finding the parmater I require.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: gazadder

Have you set your parameters as Key parameters and use the Key filter to see only the most important parameters?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 8
gazadder
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi Jo,

To be honest all my user parametrs are as impotant as each other and so if they are all/or not marked as key makes no difference to me.

When accessing the parameters through a form then yes there is a filter option (if i did do that method) but within ilogic rules there is no filter.

Gareth
Message 4 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan

You cannot really filter in you iLogic rule. Unless you are able to create a VB code or add-in. But not in Inventor itself

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 8
Nicolas.Bourquin

Dear Gazadder,

maybe this link could provide you interesting information (link).

I hope that will help you.

Best Regards

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 6 of 8
gazadder
in reply to: Nicolas.Bourquin

Not really but thanks. This is exactly the same method as Jo recommended which is just filtering. I need to sort the parameters whislt in an ilogic rule.
Message 7 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan

Try creating a message box. Something in the line of:

If "Parameter" = "Value" Then
MessageBox.Show("The value you entered is incorrect. Please add a value between 4 and 35 in increments of 4", "Wrong Value")

Just a suggestion.

Jo - Ann
Message 8 of 8
gazadder
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi Jo,

Can you please explain what you are trying to do here? I'm a little confused by it.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report