Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort by number in part list...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Closterman
138 Views, 3 Replies

Sort by number in part list...

Is there a way to have the parts sorted by part number by default on the part list in a idw?? We always have to click on this fonction, each time we insert a part list and also, if we add parts, the part list won't update the sort fonction..
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Closterman

You could write a quick macro that would always perform the sort based
on your Part Number, but I don't think it could be made to update automatically,
depends on what kind of event you wanted to trigger the update sort on.
Sorting parts list via API is only available on 10+.

wrote in message news:4870088@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is there a way to have the parts sorted by part number by default on the part list in a idw?? We always have to click on this
fonction, each time we insert a part list and also, if we add parts, the part list won't update the sort fonction..
Message 3 of 4
Closterman

I forget to said that I have R10. We can sort the listing by part number but you have to make it anytime you make a part list. I like to have this function enabled by default when I insert the part list...
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Very good question... I am trying to figure out how to change the default insert options (if possible) to sort by PART NUMBER. Still using R9.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report