Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somethings off

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
112 Views, 1 Reply

Somethings off

Taking some measurements with the Measurement tool I notice that everything has slipped off axis. Parallel features are not giving 0s in X,Y or Z. Then I turn on visibility of the Origin planes and see that they are way way far away from the asssembly. When this has happened before I've been successful on smaller models sometimes of constraining an origin plane of a grounded component of an assembly to the origin plane of the whole assembly -- but not this time. I get an error during the constraint saying it is Inconsistent with another ..... Are there any tricks for solving this are am I going to have spend an hour reconstraining a hundred components in a new assemlby? Steve sk@dolby.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"-Steve--Krause-" wrote in message news:4086ad59_1@newsprd01... > Taking some measurements with the Measurement tool I notice that everything > has slipped off axis. Parallel features are not giving 0s in X,Y or Z. > Then I turn on visibility of the Origin planes and see that they are way way > far away from the asssembly. When this has happened before I've been > successful on smaller models sometimes of constraining an origin plane of a > grounded component of an assembly to the origin plane of the whole > assembly -- but not this time. I get an error during the constraint saying > it is Inconsistent with another ..... > Found that I need to unground the component before it will move in to place.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report