Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some GUI parts oversized: Coordinate system and 'dots'

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ThomasInventor
287 Views, 6 Replies

Some GUI parts oversized: Coordinate system and 'dots'

Hi,

After trying to render my assembly some parts of my GUI are now oversized and very pixly as in the attached image.
The rendering came out very grainy and someone recommended me to look at Options>Hardware, so I changed that to Quality.
Then I tried rendering in Inventor Studio but it said I couldn't save the image. So then I changed my hardware setting back to performance.
That's when I noticed that the little coordinate system was no longer so little and dots in corners of planes or sketch features are also oversized.

The screenshot is from a new part with Inventor rebooted.

It's Inventor 2014 Student
Build 170

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: ThomasInventor

Restart the computer and see if that fixes it.

And make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
ThomasInventor
in reply to: mcgyvr

Neither helped.
Message 4 of 7

Just in advance of someone suggesting a reinstall (seems like the last resort)

In that case, should I upgrade to 2015 instead? Is it better at rendering?

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr

@ThomasInventor wrote:

Just in advance of someone suggesting a reinstall (seems like the last resort)

In that case, should I upgrade to 2015 instead? Is it better at rendering?

A reinstall can't hurt.. Might as well load 2015 (assuming you don't use 2014 in school or something as the files are not backwards compatible).. There were problems with rendering in 2014 which have supposedly been addressed in 2015.. 

Of course maybe installing all the updates for Inventor 2014 might just do the trick too..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
mrattray

This wont fix your rendering problems (I would just upgrade to 2015 if that's an option, should fix it), but check your application settings > annotation scale for the oversized glyphs. Note that mine is set to oversized for my bum eyesight, default is 1.

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 7
ThomasInventor
in reply to: mrattray

This solved it!

For some reason it had changed to 2,55337, which, on reflection is approximately 1 inch described in centimeters if that could in any way explain how it happened.

For rendering I've looked into either upgrading or downloading showcase, since showcase is a smaller download I will go for that first, but the T-crossing feature in 2015 Inventor sounds promising so that's next.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report