Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solidworks replaces inventor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ravikmb5
1268 Views, 4 Replies

solidworks replaces inventor

in our company all inventor seats ar replaced by solidworks

this is because of poor inventor marketing

Autodessk inventor marketing guys are very poor in technical aspects

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
robmatthews
in reply to: ravikmb5

I hate to Feed the trolls, but ...

Marketing? Why WOULD you expect marketing to be good at tech support?

=============================================
This is my signature, not part of my post.
Message 3 of 5
prestonlord59

I would like to learn more about this decision at your company.   Could you contact me at peteDOTlord@autodesk.com to discuss further?

Thanks.

Pete Lord

Inventor Product Manager

Pete Lord
Product Manager
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Ravik,

Do I read between the lines you are not aggreed with your company policy to buy Solid Works instead of Inventor?

Then change your job and find a company that does work with Inventor.

There are still some Autodesk dealers that don't understand you need to have technicians who sell the product and NOT guys who have studied marketing.  The Autodesk products are allmost that good they don't need marketing at the level of the dealer, but at the level of the Autodesk Main Offices arround the world.

Autodesk is one of the first designsoftware companies who has started with specialized dealer networks.  So for example when you are in a shipbuilding company, Autodesk can send you a dealer who has experience in shipbuilding and not for example in Civil engineering. 

But still there are some "cowboys" in the dealernetwork of Autodesk. And Autodesk should filter them out. 

I have been on both sides, i have been a dealer of Autodesk products for about 7 years and for the moment I am designer for more than 10 years.  And I can tell you when I was a dealer of the Autodesk products, it was hard to compete against the big dealers.   Our company had the technical knowlegde of mechanical construction and the knowlegde of the Autodesk products  (we where certified dealer with certified engineers)

The bigger dealers did not allways had technicians as salesman. But guys who could demonstrate only the product but didn't knew the difference between a bolt and a nut (for example) ......

I remember once on a big event of Autodesk, all dealers had promostands to demonstrate the products, that an salesman of one of the big dealers came to me to ask that i could explain him some basic things.   I wonder what would happen if a customer runs into such guys.

Really Autodesk should filter out dealers and salesman who don't understand the design market. When you want to sell Autodesk you need to understand you are selling a SOLUTION for a company not just a product.

And be sure, i think Solid Works has the same problem...... Sometimes you run into a salesman who only thinks about the $$$$$$

Message 5 of 5
ravikmb5

Earlier our company policy is to use only inventor

Now in addition to that Our Management decision made to use solidworks

We have more than 30 to 40 license of inventor and more than 90 -120 license of Autocad

Our company has over 9000 employees all over india and

we have more than 500 draughtsmen/designers etc

We make RADARS,sonars and variety of military Equipments for Defence Production

We have changed Inventor to solidworks because many of our design Engineers forced management to do

Inventor users at present are few including me

Same thing has reported to AUTODESK KEY ACCOUNTS MANAGER(INDIA)

AUTODESK IS VERY POOR IN MARKETING

comparetively to solid works

We have ratecontract with inventor and solidworks

ofcourse i am still want to use inventor

RAVIKUMAR MB

ENGINEER ASSISTANT

PROJECTS AND CONSULTANCY

BHARATH ELECTRONICS LTD (MINISTRY OF DEFENCE)

BANGALORE,INDIA

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report