Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid models disappear in assembly idw

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
3Dmechengineer
445 Views, 5 Replies

Solid models disappear in assembly idw

i have a master assembly in which subassemblies containing solid and surface models are embedded together. the surface model parts are a conversion format from a model created by customer in another software.

i created the drawing of the assembly and made surface and solid models visible. however, some times when the drawing is re-opened after some hours or days, some solid models disappear and in order to get them back i have to turn their visibiliy in the idw browser on/off a couple of times or restart inventor again.

techsupport people told me that because assembly drawing contains surface models visible that is why the drawing is misbehaving. according to them "Surface models may or may not work in drawings".

is this true?

MEngMgmt, MEngPrac, BE(Mech)
Mechanical Engineer
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi! The behavior you describe here does not sound right. If you can attach an example exhibiting the behavior here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com), I would like to understand it better.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6

Hello Johnson,

thanks for your email. after a thorough testing of why solid models are dissapearing in idw, i realised that the problematic part was one of the surface models received from customer. so i re-imported the part and did some repairs using two different softwares. it seems to have solved the problem.

it took me two days to identify the problematic surface part from the big assembly. however, i still cant understand why inventor was giving the two errors (attached  below) whenever i used to crop the view.

now that the surface part has been re-imported, these two errors do not appear.

Mechanical Engineer
Message 4 of 6

The error message indicates that Inventor has trouble cutting the geometry to create the crop view. If you can post an example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com), I can take a look and see where the problem is.

Thanks!

Johnson

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

hello johnson,

i have sent you an email with the model attached since the model size is 29 MB
Mechanical Engineer
Message 6 of 6

Hi! I think I have received you email with a link to the dataset. Sorry for the confusion! I will take a look and get back to you.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report