Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLID BODIES (BASE)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
T.Adams
309 Views, 4 Replies

SOLID BODIES (BASE)

I need help changing solids into working sheetmetal parts that can be manipulated such as flat patterns.  I am getting base models with flanges and features as one solid that i can not change and use like i need.  How do i change one of these solid bodies into a working sheet metal part?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: T.Adams

What version and can you post the part so we can take a look can't help if we don't know what it is or looks like..Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
T.Adams
in reply to: jletcher

Inventor 2012 and they are simple parts with only one flange but woulde be nice to flatten out instead of doing all the math to try to get a flat pattern.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

Does it have bends?

Did you click Convert to Sheet Metal?

Did you set the sheet metal style to the part thickness.

Is it a valid uniform thickness part?
Can you attach a picture here?

Can you attach the ipt file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Yijiang.Cai

If you could provide dataset or image, it should be better to figure out the issue. Based on the details you provided, you should create the multi solids and would like to convert it to sheet metal. But current Inventor does not support multil solids in sheet metal environment. So I recommend you to derive this multi solids base to parts, and every part has one solid, then the part can be converted to sheet metal. So that you could take downstream workflow in sheet metal environment.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report