Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart sketch symbols

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cstringer80
1432 Views, 1 Reply

Smart sketch symbols

At my office we create drawings with lots of added text and sketched symbols usually along the extension line of a dimension.  Currently we have to place the symbol then edit the rotation to make it parallel to the dim line.  Does anyone have any good ideas to make the sketched symbol automatically orientate itself correctly?

Take this one step further, any ideas on maybe some ilogic that would automatically add the correct symbol to the dim line based on the feature?  For example, when we place a dim on the face of a flange, have the F.O.F. text automatcially inserted on the dim line?  Or if you dim to a 2" pipe have the 2" CL symbol add automatically?  IF someone has a solution to this you will be a hero to me an everyone in my department.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: cstringer80

i think one idea could be to just need to make 4 different symbols for each type of designation you wish to call out... ie one for each of the 4 orientations. at least it will save you rotating it from time to time.

just give each symbol a suffix to show whether it is facing which direction of the clock or compass.

if you go down the iLogic path i think it could get a bit tricky so i suspect that perhaps on this occasion it may be best to keep it simple.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report