Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Inventor annoyances

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dtaylor
315 Views, 3 Replies

Small Inventor annoyances

This is Inventor 2014 Pro.

1. Constraint Inference doesn't work when zoomed into a sketch component.  The visual indicator is usually off the screen if you are zoomed into the sketch.  It would be much better if it remained on screen regardless of zoom level rather than anchoring near the centre of the line etc.  See images for example:

Zoomed in.

zinperp.jpg

Zoomed out.

zoutperp.jpg

2. The optimised selection box usually appears directly over the item you are trying to select so you can't see if it is highlighted.  I find I am having to drag it off to the side every time to make the target visible.  See images for example:

Std box position.

selectstd.jpg

After I drag it away.

selectdrag.jpg

Just some feedback, hopefully it finds the devs.

Dave.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
petestrycharske
in reply to: dtaylor

Dave,

These are some very useful suggestions.  There is actually a place to post enhancements, called the idea station.  I would post your message there and users can then vote on the ideas.  The more votes an idea gets, the more attention it receives from Autodesk developers.  The link is below.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Inventor Idea Station

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: dtaylor

When you create your two IdeaStation posts about these annoyances, please post links to them here so we can all add our support for them.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 4 of 4
dtaylor
in reply to: SBix26

Here's the link the the Ideas post.  I put them both in the same one which is probably wrong but I didn't have a lot of time.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Small-Inventor-UI-suggestions/idi-p/5215967

Dave.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report