Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Slow Parts List.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
299 Views, 2 Replies

Slow Parts List.

We have an assembly where we have used LOD on large sub assemblies. This to manage to handle the assembly. But as I understand and have noticed this is no help when we try to make a parts List in a drawing of the assembly. Then Inventor will calculate the total assembly and calculate into the night until it crash or give an error message. Is there a work around?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

LOD's (According to autodesk) are only a memory management tool for use in an assembly and should not be used to limit items in a parts list. If you want your parts list to only show part in the LOD then you need to right click on the lod and copy to view rep. Then you can use the parts list filters to filter by assembly view rep.

However if you have 4 identical screws and turn 2 of them off via the design view rep the parts list will still show 4.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for your replay.

It didn't solve my problem though. It wasn't the goal to filter out something from the parts list. I tried to copy the lod to view representation but Inventor still wanted to load all the parts in the assembly 37.000 parts + some.

However I found a solution that worked for me. I had to open the assembly in master lod. It took some time, but not that much, and Inventor didn't crash. When I had the assembly open it didn't take so long to insert the parts list in the drawing. Afterwards I saved the drawing and the assembly then closed them and opened the drawing again. Now it didn't load all the parts any more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report