Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow drawing updates

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
509 Views, 4 Replies

Slow drawing updates

Hello,

My question is about drawing update time.  I have assembly drawings of about 10-12 pages that generally take about 1 or 2 minutes to update after an assembly model has changed.  The particular drawing I'm having trouble with takes about 10-15 minutes to update, and it takes that long even if the assembly model has not changed.  I'm trying to find out any reasons why it takes so long and never seems to completely update.  The part count is 1,537

Also, I've noticed the drawing file size is about 50mb, where our drawings are usually around 20-25mb.

Any ideas of what this could be?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I would open the IAM and do a full rebuild and save there. It could be older IAM's that needs migrating. IPT's will alot of detail will create larger files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I read that earlier today and it didn't seem to help much.  Do you think this could be related to a constraint problem?

Message 4 of 5
blair

Everything from poor modeling techniques, to a large number of adaptive parts, sick constraints, slow network/server (if files are stored centrally).

Pushing the limits of your machine with a large file....

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
pcrawley

Other things to look for are imported components & surface models.  Sometimes you can import non-Inventor files and they may look like a solid, but in fact they are surfaces - and typically take considerably longer to draw.  I picked through an entire assembly once and discovered a small imported component with a rediculously large file size.  Turns out it  had an internal spline cut - and the part was used numerous times throughout the assembly.  I filled in the spline geometry and turned it back into solid and bingo - fast drawings.

Probably no help at all, but good luck finding the cause!  It'll be in there somewhere.

Peter

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report