Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow Creation of assembly drawings in Inventor 2015

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
acopeman
889 Views, 4 Replies

slow Creation of assembly drawings in Inventor 2015

Has anyone had problems creating drawings with assemblys consisting of around 900 components.

I have had no problem in the past with previous releases of this software. Infact the original was created in 2012.

I have tried to add some more views to the exsisting drawings and it took 20 min just to lay down one projected view of the assembly.

Considering using 2014 again as after sp2 it was fine.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: acopeman

First thing I would do is Save As a new name and then start removing parts from the assembly.

Does it suddenly start working when a particular part or sub is removed?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
salariua

Same problem here. Our cad supplyer has no answer yet.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
acopeman
in reply to: salariua

Having the design data folder on our server seemed to slow things up a bit so moving the design data folder off our server and into the vault workspace has improved performance, but in my case the main problem was that the imported gearboxes (originally from step files) which are surfaces and 2015 Inventor doesn't seem to like this very much.

My work around was to make a new representation view and turn the visibility off on the offending items (gearboxes) and create your views in the drawing using this new representational view and then simply change each projection back to default view when your done.

2014 and previous versions seem to cope ok. Hopefully Autodesk can look at these problems and give us a solution????

Message 5 of 5
salariua

I use "Show Preview As" "Bounding box", place the view where the mouse is and then drag it to it's right position.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report