Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slots, circular pattern and taper

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
569 Views, 2 Replies

Slots, circular pattern and taper

Hello,

I am trying to create circular pattern of slots where the slot height is some fixed value smaller than the previous. Is there a formula within parameters I can use to accomplish this task? In the image below you see that the first slot height is 13, the next is 13-0.21 and so on. I Please help! My back is hurting sitting here dimensioning and renaming parameters. Is there an easier way. It would be nice if circular pattern could all one to taper slots in an associative way if that makes sense.

Slots.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I posted this very late in the night hence the errors. To clarify, I am want to create a circular pattern of slots where the next slot in the pattern is a set value smaller than the previous. To do this I redimension each slot. So the Slot1 = 13 (user parameter). Slot2 = Slot1 - Slot_taper (another user parameter),Slot3 = Slot2-Slot_taper, etc. I am wondering of there is a formula I can use to simplify this task.

Jordan

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! If you want to create a sketch pattern like that. I cannot think of any easier way than what you are attempting. Can I ask what you want to do with the sketch? Are you trying to project these slot profiles to the surface. Or, they will split or cut the surface in sketch normal direction? If yes, there might be better ways to do that than creating the profiles in a sketch.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report