Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slits between weld beads

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Karol-Or
615 Views, 8 Replies

Slits between weld beads

How can i get rid of those slits (or slots, i don't know how to say)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: Karol-Or

Do the fillets as a single weld and not a number of welds.

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
Karol-Or
in reply to: blair

How can i do that?

Every time that i press Apply a new weld portion is created, and the Chain option doesn't help.

When i select, as the second face, more than one area-it doesn't preview and when i press Apply it gives a warning

Message 4 of 9
blair

Select the base plate as your first selection, then select the outer surface of the gap weld, then the next adjacent surface of the gap weld. When you have selected all the outer surfaces of the gap weld then hit apply.

Apply as stated applies that weld between #1 selection and #2 selection then starts a new fillet weld. Only hit apply after you have selected all the outer surfaces around the gap-weld.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 9
Paul-Mason

I see what you mean.

I've tired selecting the base plate first the cylinder, and then other way round then creted what should be one continuous weld, the same as you one part of the weld comes in the opposite direction to the rest

MUST BE  A BUG

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 6 of 9
blair
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Same effect shows in the pic I posted as well. It does get rid of the segmented fillets but not sure why the BMP map get applied in the wrong direction to the one section.

Odd indeed!

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 9
blair
in reply to: Paul-Mason

The poster was having problems trying to create a single bead. They kept selecting the "Apply" button after each selection, rather than after they had selected all the surfaces around the flattened tube.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 9
Karol-Or

I succeded partly. at work same part but on a more complex base plate, with other beads interferring. had partial success.

Might be a bug.

Bye the way, what's this direction in the weld bead? there shouldn't be any direction to the bead

Message 9 of 9
blair

If you look at the picture I posted, you can see the weld-bead direction going the wrong way on the flat portion. Since the surfaces were selected in sequence going around the upright member the weld-bead BMP-Map should be in the same direction.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums