Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skewed models

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
KevinPinks7697
586 Views, 4 Replies

Skewed models

I have two or three different drawings with similar parts which are skewed in space. We would like all the drawings to have the different parts skewed exactly in the same position. Is there an easy way to do this other than recording how much it is skewed in the north direction, how much in the east direction etc>>>?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Do all of these parts share a common face? If so you could try to "Look at face" and then set the current view as top or front (right click).

in reply to: KevinPinks7697

There is really no way to control the model as you have outlined. Perspective mode is the only thing but its fixed.

Regards,

Don

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: 4donwan4

Short of placing each part into it's own IAM and then constraining the part "Skewed" to the Origin Planes the angular amount(s) required. You can then use the IAM(s) for each drawing(s).

Not sure why you would want this.....

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
chipwitch
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

I hope I'm understanding you correctly...  I'm going to go out on a limb... "Skew" is a term often used in art programs.  It is a way of simulating a perspective view.  I'm not aware of anything like that in Inventor.  A search in Inventor's search bar didn't reveal much.  I'm guessing you have a product that you would like oriented a certain way and each one consistently oriented identically?  If so:

Include a workplane in each of your parts at exactly the same angle that would be the face from which to view. Set this face to your "Front."  In the drawing envirionment, simply select the "Front" as your base.  Maybe this could be done in a template so each new part is already equipped with this plane?

Or, you may find the "View Representations" found in the browser toward the top to be very useful for this as well.  There are a number of ways to utilize this feature to accomplish what I think you're after.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report