Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketches shown twice in browser bar

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Alan Coons
175 Views, 4 Replies

Sketches shown twice in browser bar

First time I have seen this. I am working in IV9 and opened a drawing that was created in IV8. Once the drawing opened in IV9 I noticed that there appeared to be a lot of unused sketches in the browser bar or so I thought. When I started checking the sketches out I noticed that each sketch was associated with some function later on down in the browser. What I have going on is the sketches are showing up twice within the browser. Once under each feature which is what I am acustom too, and once again within the browser window as a sketch that was created with no feature assigned to that sketch. If I try deleting each individual sketch the features start disappearing too. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alan Coons

I would assume this would have something to do with sharing the sketches. When you share a sketch, it does just that. One sketch in the browser by itself, and also under each feature it is used in. However, from what I gather from your post, this was never done, so I'm not sure how they would've become shared. -- Scott M Inventor 9, SP1 Windows XP Pro Maxtor 60GB HD 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz 1GB RAM "Alan Coons" wrote in message news:20169868.1100277368784.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > First time I have seen this. I am working in IV9 and opened a drawing that was created in IV8. Once the drawing opened in IV9 I noticed that there appeared to be a lot of unused sketches in the browser bar or so I thought. When I started checking the sketches out I noticed that each sketch was associated with some function later on down in the browser. What I have going on is the sketches are showing up twice within the browser. Once under each feature which is what I am acustom too, and once again within the browser window as a sketch that was created with no feature assigned to that sketch. If I try deleting each individual sketch the features start disappearing too. Any ideas?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Do the "extra" sketches have a Hand in the icon?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Alan, What you are seeing is the reference to a shared sketch. A shared sketch is on that can be used to create a second feature with out having to redraw the 2D geometery. I a shared sketch is visible you can reuse it. If it is not visible it acts just like a consumed sketch. The sketches are OK and you shouldn't delete them as you have found out they will also delete the associated features. Douglas Robbie Sr. Applications Engineer M2 Technologies, Inc. Waltham, Ma www.mt2.com "Alan Coons" wrote in message news:20169868.1100277368784.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > First time I have seen this. I am working in IV9 and opened a drawing > that was created in IV8. Once the drawing opened in IV9 I noticed that > there appeared to be a lot of unused sketches in the browser bar or so I > thought. When I started checking the sketches out I noticed that each > sketch was associated with some function later on down in the browser. > What I have going on is the sketches are showing up twice within the > browser. Once under each feature which is what I am acustom too, and once > again within the browser window as a sketch that was created with no > feature assigned to that sketch. If I try deleting each individual sketch > the features start disappearing too. Any ideas?
Message 5 of 5
Alan Coons

Yes each sketch has one of these hand icons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report