Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketched symbol snap?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
359 Views, 3 Replies

Sketched symbol snap?

I have quite a few Sketched symbols that i use in the IDW's. Is there a way to get them to snap into position. I would like them to snap to the edge of the border each other. In IV 6 they used to do this but i can't get them to do it in IV 8. currently i just have to zoom in really close and eyeball it. gets time consuming and it just isn't very professional.
Is there a setting for this or ? Ive tried adjusting the snap spacing in the document options. had no effect. I also tried adjusting the locate tolerance in application options but that had no effect either. I tried inserting them from the browserpanel and going through the symbol button command. Neither had any difference other than the button way lets me scale, leader etc.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It depends are they snapping in place during placement? Do you have an insertion point in the symbol specified? Do you have placement points specified? There is a bug in IV8 that moving symbols ingnores the points defined so they will only snap when first inserted. Kathy Johnson
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I did this and it works. (When i read your reply it reminded me that i forgot all about doing that when i made the new ones).

For the bug is there a patch for this?

Thank you so very much.
Rich
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The bug is not patched yet. Kathy Johnson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report