Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch will not offset

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
drafdog
1746 Views, 23 Replies

Sketch will not offset

Inventor 2011 will not offset polygon in sketch mode.  I get "Method not supported for transient meta" error message.  How do I fix this problem?  Or what am I doing wrong?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
mrattray
in reply to: swhite

I didn't see that attachment. Thanks for the clarification, Steven.

From Wiki: Meta (from the Greek preposition μετά = "after", "beyond", "adjacent", "self", also commonly used in the form μετα- as a prefix in Greek, with variants μετ- before vowels and μεθ- "meth-" before aspirated vowels), is a prefix used in English (and other Greek-owing languages) to indicate a concept which is an abstraction from another concept, used to complete or add to the latter.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 22 of 24
swhite
in reply to: JDMather

That's what I use 2011, so was hoping he wld attach his, but cant figure out if it is just his current sketch or every single one unless he actually does what we requested and tries a new one, attaches his sketch, or downloads one he can access. I need to know if it does it on every single sketch he makes or uses, or just the one he's currently working on.

And do you have all the service packs installed drafdog?

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 23 of 24
swhite
in reply to: mrattray

exactly, so the problem is transient meta, but meta simply completes the transient or adds to it, so the problem is transient, transient??? or transient adjacent? or before? or after? A very non-descriptive error message i expect was made to cover any situation where it is not obvious what caused it. 🙂

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 24 of 24
mrattray
in reply to: swhite

tran·sient  

/ˈtranSHənt/
Adjective
Lasting only for a short time; impermanent.

Noun
A person who is staying or working in a place for only a short time.

Synonyms
transitory - passing - fleeting - temporary - momentary

So, I'll assume that transient meta is a typographical or grammatical error and what is really meant is meta-transient. So the error is temporarily temporary?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report