Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketch is moving

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bkaraciray
674 Views, 12 Replies

sketch is moving

hi everyone, (in Inventor) sometimes I am beset with a problem that I want to edit my sketch but shetch members like line(s),circle(s) are moving to dimensions which I don't want. The sketch is moving. How can I overcome this problem, thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Cadmanto
in reply to: bkaraciray

Is your sketch competely constrainted to the default planes/axis or planes/axis you created?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 13
bkaraciray

No, Cadmanto, I only sketch, and sometimes make constraints them, such, to make one line to vertical to the other, I do not constraint the complete sketch, I already do not know how to constraint the complete sketch, Thanks

Message 4 of 13
Cadmanto

While you are in your sketch use these tools to contrain your sketch.

If you completely constrain the sketch (which turns the line segments to black color)

you will not have the issue of your sketch moving.

constrain.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 13
JDMather

Attach the file here.

You might read this document and see if it helps.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 13

Hi bkaraciray,

In addition to the other replies, this link might offer some help:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/03/inventor-101-simple-fully-constrained.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 13
bkaraciray

hi everyone, I added two photos that includes my problem, (they're scanned by Microsoft Security Essentials, no problem), (in Inventor) sometimes I am beset with a problem that I want to edit my sketch but shetch members like line(s),circle(s) are moving to dimensions which I don't want. The sketch is moving. How can I overcome this problem, thanks in advance

Message 8 of 13
bkaraciray

hi everyone, I added two photos that includes my problem, ( for instance between the pink lines the dimension was 4mm, but when I change the angle between black lines,  the pink lines moved, and distance between them changed)(photos scanned by Microsoft Security Essentials, no problem),   (in Inventor) sometimes I am beset with a problem that I want to edit my sketch but shetch members like line(s),circle(s) are moving to dimensions which I don't want. The sketch is moving. How can I overcome this problem, thanks in advance

Message 9 of 13
mrattray

Your not using the software properly. You HAVE to fully constrain your sketchs! I suggest you read the articles posted above by JD and Curtis.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 13
mrattray

Like we told you in your other thread...

You HAVE to fully constrain your sketches.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 11 of 13
JDMather

Attach ipt file here, not interested in jpg files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 12 of 13
bkaraciray

hi everyone, I added two photos that includes my problem, ( for instance between the pink lines the dimension was 4mm, but when I change the angle between black lines,  the pink lines moved, and distance between them changed)(photos scanned by Microsoft Security Essentials, no problem),   (in Inventor) sometimes I am beset with a problem that I want to edit my sketch but shetch members like line(s),circle(s) are moving to dimensions which I don't want. The sketch is moving. How can I overcome this problem, thanks in advance

Message 13 of 13
ampster401

you appear to be ignoring what other people have stated in the other two posts you made on this issue,

to recap what was already stated, you need to practice fully constraining everything (others have provided links to tutorials and web links which document constrianing and such) as well as others have asked for the .ipt file and not jpegs or pics.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report