Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketch disappears after sweep

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
knattagh
2242 Views, 7 Replies

sketch disappears after sweep

Hey everyone,

So I have a 3D sketch. As you can see in the image attached, there are circles on a 2D plane that are attached to circles on another 2D plane via all the purple lines. My goal is to do a sweep for each of the circles so that I can get a bunch of holes. However, after I do the first sweep, the sketch disappears (see pic 2) and I do not know how to go back to the sketch so I can sweep again and again. If you can help me figure out what to do it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Khash

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: knattagh

Shared Sketch:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2014/Help/1283-Inventor1283/1718-Parts1718/1990-Part_fea19...

or

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2014/Help/1283-Inventor1283/1718-Parts1718/1990-Part_fea19...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
Martin.Tomko

Hi Khash,

all what you need to do is share both sketched from "Sweep 2". See steps below:

Steps:

1. Expand "Sweep2" feature in the browser

2. RMB click to used "3D Sketch" and click to "Share Sketch"

3. RMB to used "2D sketch" and  click to "Share Sketch"

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Martin

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

Before you get too much invested in this part - investigate the problem with Loft1 (i in circle).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
knattagh

Thanks for the responses everyone.

This reply will be for 90210 and the next reply (below) will be for JD.

Ok so I think I did step one, and then when I right click on the 3D sketch to execute your step 2, I do not see a share sketch option. Please see the pic below for what I mean. Also, I assumed that RMB means "right mouse button".

Best,

Knattagh

Message 6 of 8
knattagh
in reply to: JDMather

Hey JD, thanks for your response.

I have looked into the i in the circle. The pic below has the error message. I thought it might be because the line is blue so I deleted this line and drew a new line (green) and it still gave me a similar error. I am not sure why this is but am currently looking into it more.

Best regards,

knattagh

Message 7 of 8
knattagh

I think I figured it out.

I just right click on the sketch and then click " visibility " and then I can keep sweeping.

As for the " i " in the circle, I still have not figured out how to get rid of that. When I make the new line (green) two of the errors go away (the ones called: constraint to unresolved reference geometry) but 2 remain (the ones called: dimension to unresolved reference geometry).

-Knattagh

Message 8 of 8
JDMather

@knattagh wrote:
... When I make the new line (green)  

Green is unconstrained - not ideal, but not a real problem either.

The problem is the pink (sick) geometry (looks like only a point in this case).

BTW - you are correct in turning on Visibility to re-use sketches.  They are now automatically shared by Inventor when re-used.  Oh, and the hand symbol on your sketches in the browser - that means they are already set as Shared Sketches.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report