Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketch dimensions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
James__S
453 Views, 5 Replies

sketch dimensions

I have a fully constrained sketch which will be used for the Frame generator.All dimensions are to full numbers except the angle dimension.It has 9 numbers after the decimal point.I have set the Angular Dim Display Precision to 1 decimal place.Is this normal to have such an angle with 9 decimal places?

I cannot see how to change this as all other numbers are full numbers.I cannot see how i would get a full number for the angle?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

James

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pgcust
in reply to: James__S

James,
You are using the measure tool, set the precision in the dropdown box.

Chris
Message 3 of 6
JDMather

Ignore the angles.

Don't show the angles on the drawing.

It is far easier to measure (manufacture and inspection) to orthogonal positions than to angles.  The angles are whatever they are.

If, for some reason, an angle is a critical dimension - it is very difficult to measure more precise than 0.5°.

If you want to have the angles on the drawing for reference - then dimension like this (58° )  the parenthesis indicate a reference rather than an inspection dimension.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
cbenner

The measure command precision is set separately form the dimension precision.  Your angle's value is a resultant of the other dimensions placed.  If you want the angle to be exactly 58 degrees, something else will have to change.  If you just want to see it rounded to 58 degrees, set the measure precision to whole numbers.

Message 5 of 6
James__S
in reply to: pgcust

Hi Chris

Thanks

I have set it in the sketch using the dropdown box.I have it in the sketch as 58.0 deg

I was just enquiring if it is normal to have such a dimensioned Angle with 9 decimal places

Message 6 of 6
James__S

Thanks All

That what i was hoping the answers to be.I did have it set at 58.0 degrees in the sketch.ipt

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report