Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Dimensioning - Midpoint?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stevec781
1284 Views, 3 Replies

Sketch Dimensioning - Midpoint?

It must surely be in there somewhere but I cant find a way to dimension to a line's midpoint in a sketch.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: stevec781

probably the easiest way is to place a point on the mid-point and dim to that

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 4
JDMather

Often you can add a construction line to midpoint and no need for a dimension at all.

I see users use "half way" dimensions all the time that aren't needed.

Attach your file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
swhite

Theres a difference between dimensioning to a midpoint and constraining the midpoint. You may be wanting to constrain the lines center to a specific spot and sketch constraints will work better if that is the case. Most tend to forget about sketch constraints as they are used to adding distances in autocad, not sketch constraints. If you actually need to dimension to the center, not constrain it, then add a line attached to the centerpoint and make it a construction line, then use that line to dimension to. Don't forget about centerline ioption either.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report