Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch creation changes view

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chipwitch2
481 Views, 6 Replies

Sketch creation changes view

I just installed the trial version of Inventor pro, 2013.  I'm having a problem with the view changing on creation of a sketch.  It goes to the home position.  The "Look at sketch plane on sketch creation" is un-ticked in options. 

Click on Component->Create.  Once the Component is created, click 2D Sketch.  View spins to the Home position.  This is really annoying.  I learned Inventor 2010 in school.  I don't remember this ever happening.

If I select a plane from the browser prior to clicking the Create 2D Sketch, the view remains the same as expected.  This is only a problem if you want to create the initial sketch using a face of another part as the sketch plane. Is there an option I'm missing?

Thank you

Product Design Suite 2013 Ultimate
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ampster401
in reply to: chipwitch2

you haven't missed an option, you found one of the annoyances of Inventor.

The trick is to rotate your view slightly before you start up the sketch command.  That should prevent it from rotating.

Message 3 of 7
liang_chen

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. I can reproduce the case that view returns to home view when create sketch in components environment. I have filed an issue to internal team for investigation.

Thanks 

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7
marka

What ever happened to correcting this annoyance?  IV 2014 still does it.  The lettering on my F5 key has worn away! 

Mark A.
Goodfellow Crushers
Message 5 of 7
TomE8

I seem to be running into this same issue. Has anything been done about it?

I am in an assembly, I create a new part, hit the create sketch command, and it changes to the default home view (which is not even the current home view since I changed it.) I have "Look at sketch plane on sketch creation and edit" unchecked for both the part and assembly environment.

In the assembly environment, it doesn't do this, but it does in the component environment (within the assembly.)

Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: TomE8

Hi Tom,

I wish there was an option to control it also. I personally don't like it either. The easiest way to avoid the behavior is to open the frequently used template files (ipt and iam) -> make at least one origin plane visible -> Save.

After that, the rotation will stop because there is a plane to pick to place a 2D sketch.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
TomE8

Okay, thanks for the quick reply and tip!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report