Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch centerline not alligned with center of workplane

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rene_hersbach
310 Views, 3 Replies

Sketch centerline not alligned with center of workplane

Dear people, This will be a little hard to explain, but I'll try it anyway. I'm currently drawing a tube, made of 2 segments. 1 big one and 1 small one. In those segments, I'm cutting out holes. I use work planes, angled with the original work planes to get the right angle and offset for the holes. Now, as for the problem, when I use Sketch on a workplane, the center of the sketch is not on middle of the workplane, but a bit off. I can't seem to get the sketch centered.. Any help would be much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: rene_hersbach

Hi rene,

there is no "center" o "middle" of the workplane.

Workplanes are infinite workreference planes. On those planes or with those planes you can do a lots of things, for example do a 2d Sketch on it.

In the Sketch you will have auto projected the origin point 0,0,0 on the sketch plane(workplane), and you can add projected geometry if you will need it.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: rene_hersbach

Attach your file here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4

Sorry for the late response, it worked when I used Project Geometry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report