Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch & work features visibility problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gree0099
419 Views, 5 Replies

Sketch & work features visibility problem

there's a glitch that makes sketches and work planes whose visiblility is turned always visible.

i know you can turn all sketchs and work planes off if need be, but it's annoying to model with.

please fix it autodesk.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Can you please send us a screenshot or a video of the problem. If possible can you send us the dataset where we can reproduce it.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: gree0099

For anyone to be able to "fix it", you will have to provide much more information about the problem.  I'm not having a problem like this, so it may be software problem, but it may also be a hardware problem or even an operator problem. 

Post your Inventor version and operating system specs; post screenshots and/or files and/or write a detailed description of the steps to reproduce the problem.  Then someone may be able to help.

Message 4 of 6
gree0099
in reply to: SBix26

The problem happens to everyone in my office, across many different computers with different specs and our inventor installs are up to date.  That said my specs are:

Inventor 2012 64bit - build: 190 release: 2012 sp1

Win 7 ultimate

intel core i7 cpu x980 @3.33GHz

24GB ram

160gb solid state install drive

500gb slave drive

Nvidia GeForce GTX 480

Can't post images or send files due to security & copyright protocol.  However, there is no need, it would just look like a sketch or work feature that is visible, yet in the browser their visibility is turned off.  Also sometimes certain opening certain sketches will make other bodies, sketches and work features appear.

The steps to reproduce it are random, but they always entail starting a sketch, finishing it, and then making modifications to that sketch at a later time.  The problem intensifies (happens more often) when modifying inside assemblies.

I will say we are designers, so our models are complex and changed often with extensive adaptibility and complex shapes.

When it all comes down to it i'm pretty dissapointed in autodesk's testing.  This is only one of the +100 glitches or crash causer we've found.  I just don't have time to do a big write up on every problem we have.  We always send crash reports and keep our installs up to date and thus far not one has been fixed.

thanks for any insight.

-ben

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! If you can provide steps to consistently reproduce the incorrect behavior, please let me know asap. I have seen the behaviors similar to what you talked about in the past and they were fixed in various updates.

The workfeature visibility can be controlled by Design View of each level. It is possible in certain condition, Inventor gets confused. It is my personal habit that if I have to edit a component, unless I absolutely need the context of other components, I would simply open the component in its own window and edit within the component document. In this way, I can solely focus on the component I am editing.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
jeff

Us too. 2 out of 3 of us experience this regularly. I concur with everything describing the issue.  Closing and opening the part or entire assembly rectifies the problem but that's a nuisance, especially on large assemblies. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report