Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Part drawing with preparations features

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
517 Views, 2 Replies

Single Part drawing with preparations features

Hi to all,

i am working to an assembly and i have the need to show each single part in a drawing (all in the same drawing), with all the dimensions that are necessary to manufacture it. The problem is that in the assembly i have also weld preparations, as "chamfer" and and "move face" i.e.. These preparations are not related to the part but just to the assembly, or sub-assembly, so if I place the Base view of the single part in the drawing i will miss all these information (the preparations) and the part will be manufacture in the wrong way.

I have tried to insert the single part in the drawing as Drawing View/Model State/Weldement/Preparation (see pic), but also here i can just go 1 level up in the model tree. that means that if i have sub-assemblys i won´t be able to visualize the single part with its own preparations.

A "partial" solution could be open each sub assembly and then insert the part with -->(Drawing View/Model State/Weldement/Preparation), but also here i have a problem. In my drawing i have a Ilogic code that adds information to the View label (as item number, thickness, material and so on) of the single part, looking inside the parts parameters. When i insert the part as --->(Drawing View/Model State/Weldement/Preparation), the parameters are not relative to the single part but to the sub-assembly that contain the part, and so the View label is empty/incomplete.

I hope is clear...there should be a way to have the drawing of the real part that will be produced...

someone have some ideas? how do you solve this step?

thanks a lot  for any help

Alessandro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Because these are assembly features, they reside in the IAM file. The easiest way would be to create new View-Rep's, one for each part that has assembly features and prep on it. Save each View-Rep using the Part-Number for the part in the View-Rep. Then use View-Rep from the IAM to create the "Single Part" drawing. Inventor will allow you to select which View-Rep to use when you create the Drawing View.

Best workaround that I know of

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

yes this is a way, but like this i ll lose the link to the part parameters i am using at the moment (see pic)...there is a way to use part paremeters (like thickness, mass, item number and so on) with i-Logic with the specifc View-Rep you suggested to me? if use your way i can just access to assemble parameters, right?

thanks

Alessandro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report