Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
drguitarum2005
1190 Views, 6 Replies

Simulation error

I ran a basic stress analysis by fixing 4 points and applying 6 loads to surfaces. I ran this one 3 models, all identical except two crossmembers replaced with different shapes/styles. The first two ran without issue (gave some thin part warnings but no big deal) but the third one will not run, it stops with the error:

Internal Error # ps_1

No other information is given. Does ANYONE know what the heck that error means? Thanks.

P.S. This is simulation in Inventor, NOT Simulation 360.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I have a client that is having this same issue. Anyone know what it is?

Jason Dupree
Senior Consultant - ECAD, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
threespot
in reply to: drguitarum2005

Did you ever find out what the Internal Error #ps_1 means?

WHY do people do stuff like this.

"Error 134" almost killed a MAN, when it showed up on a Medtronic Pacemaker, 15 years ago. It mean the ON Switch and the Boot Up switch on the external pacemaker had been pushed at the same time. CURE: Dump the battery, put back in.

After that one happened, the FDA looked at ERROR CODES and told the industry: NO MORE ERROR CODES HIDDEN RANDOMLY IN 600 PAGE OPERATING MANUALS! A clear index, always...

Alas, no one DIES directly from this sort of thing!

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: threespot

threespot wrote: 

WHY do people do stuff like this. 

I have no idea.  Maybe the same reason people post questions without any data that illustrates the behavior they are seeing and expect logical answers plucked from thin air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
Bill-Ding

Would you mind to add the model in this topic? And you can check the displacement with Actual(in Display). Maybe, the displacement is too big and the results are error. Thanks.

Bill Ding
Message 6 of 7
TonyBrowne

Read the question before answering. This is not a specific problem with a specific model. It is a problem with the software. The simulation fails and the error report gives no useful information as to why. 7 years later and this is still happening. The responders on this question are missing the point. With an opaque failure message, you are left to change things at random hoping to stumble on a solution in the dark. I just created a stress analysis study which was completed successfully then copied it and changed nothing. I repeated the simulation and I get " Internal Error # ps_1". This is obviously a problem with the software and not the model!

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: TonyBrowne

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for bringing up this thread! I get your point. But, without a model to look at, we cannot reproduce the behavior to understand the failure better. As you have seen on a similar thread, one user commented that clearing %temp% seems to help.

If possible, please share an example that exhibits the behavior.

Thanks again!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report