Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating a Spacemouse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
382 Views, 2 Replies

Simulating a Spacemouse

Hello, I search for an option to simulate a Spacemouse in Autodesk Inventor with my own programm.

The background is that I create my own 3D Navigator. The receiving Informations are no problem but I can't send this informations further to Inventor.
Use the Keyboard-Keys or (normal) Mouse orders is no problem, but they are not comfortable as a smooth 3D navigation.
So can anyone help me, I am grateful for any help.
Or is the only way to create an own Plugin in Inventor Autodesk?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You would need to contact Autodesk and get something like a "Developers Kit" for Inventor. This would be much the same way the companies such as 3dConnexion would develop their code and drivers. Not wanting to sound like a "stick in the mud" but time is money. Wouldn't it be easier/cheaper just to buy a SpaceMouse, other than you don't have the satisfaction of saying you developed your own code.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I have already a SpaceMouse. This project is for my hobby. But thank you, it led me in the right direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report