Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified Pricing?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
~master
440 Views, 12 Replies

Simplified Pricing?

Why does it feel like it is going to cost me more?

I don't want to be on subscription.

Simplified for Adesk, maybe?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: ~master

> {quote:title=~master wrote:}{quote}Why does it feel like it is going to cost me more?
>
> I don't want to be on subscription.
>
> Simplified for Adesk, maybe? Looks simple to me (own one of the previous 3 releases you get 50% off when you upgrade..can't be any simplier IMO versus how it used to be)...
But I don't care because I know the benefits of subscription and will be staying on subscription.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 13
msklein

Just for curiosity what release are you running? And how often do you or do you plan to upgrade?
msk
Message 4 of 13
~master

IV2010 Pro
single seat

2-3 year upgrade cycle is preferred as that would coincide with new hardware.
Message 5 of 13
mcgyvr

With a 2-3 year cycle you are silly to not go on subscription...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Subscription should be approximately $1,600.00US as
the current is $1,749.00CAN. I guess you could call 3 1/2 years as the break
point without any other benefits such as support or any of the bonus
software.

--
IV2010-Pro-sp2
Vista Business 64bit Sp2
Core i7 950 @
3.07Ghz
12Gb DDR3-1600, 240Gb (4 x 60 Gb SSD - RAID0)
Quadro FX3800 -
SpacePilot 3.8.3 / 6.8.1
AVG9.0

style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
With
a 2-3 year cycle you are silly to not go on
subscription...
Message 7 of 13
msklein

Most of the places i've worked spread that hardware out far longer than they should, around 4-5 yrs. You seam to be a bit on the short side, if you depredate it out i think it's 3 yrs. I'm curious as what most of the guys are doing for hardware replacement times.

msk
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Except for my laptop (not high priority) 18-20 months
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Attend the "It's a Duesy II " Manufacturing Revival Conference
March 17th, 2010 More Information at:
http://teknigroup.com

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
htttp://teknigroup.com
Message 9 of 13
mcgyvr

We typically get new machines with evey other release (2 years or so).
Subscription price is $1300 for me (1 seat of pro)

Message 10 of 13
~master

We would not implement each and every year as it is too time consuming (with ADMS), and marginal improvements year over year. Plus the software upgrades force the hardware requirements.

I believe the new pricing policy tells me that the life and value of the software has reduced by 50% over a year. In reality, for me, it has basically more than 90% of it life and value left.

It is pushing me in a direction I don't want to go because I have no need for a new version each and every year.
Message 11 of 13
mcgyvr

> {quote:title=~master wrote:}{quote}
> It is pushing me in a direction I don't want to go because I have no need for a new version each and every year. Why are you scared to go on subscription? You say you upgrade every 2-3 years.. It is more cost effective for you to go on subscription with that upgrade schedule..period. (you can still only load every other years software... the autodesk police won't come and force you to load the program this year if you don't want).
Considering the benefits that the Inventor software provides I consider the price for the software, subscription,etc.. to be CHEAP... Try pricing out CFD type programs.. They rarely get used daily or even weekly and charge 4 times the price for the software and 4 times the price for subscription.

Autodesk, like usual, is not the leader in this type of pricing movement... Welcome to the world... You've been sleeping for a while now.

Message 12 of 13
whunter

And now it is 70% of the full price. If you consider to upgrade, you may also consider to see what is available in the market. I'm sure my local Works or Edge reseller would be able to give me a 20 or 25% discount on their latest software.

I'd gladly pay subscription if I had the option of only paying subscription for the software I use, and not for Mudbox, Alias, Showcase, Navisworks and Autocad too. It's pretty obvious that ADSK wants us to pay subscription.

I'll upgrade in 4 year's time, or buy new CAD software altogether, it won't cost more. Weird strategy by ADSK?
Message 13 of 13
LT.Rusty
in reply to: whunter

My company has, in the past, tended to stay 1 release behind current, to give time for all the bugs to be worked out.  We were on 2011 until about this past September, when we just jumped straight to 2013 and skipped 2012 entirely.  The improvements we've seen coming for 2014 suggest that our Nat'l CAD Mgr is going to jump us to 2014 the second it hits the streets, because it looks like some things that he purely hates about <2013 are going to get changed.  After that, I suspect we'll be sticking with 2014 for 2 years, to get back on the 1 behind routine.

As for hardware, when we buy workstations we get an extended warrantee, and usually keep the workstations until they're out of their (generally 4 year) warrantee, then upgrade.  There are exceptions to this rule, however: the other guys in my office somehow wound up with first-gen I3's for Inventor workstations, and this didn't work out so well.  They complained - justifiably - until management bought them better machines.  (I already had the good computer, fortunately ... my old workstation, a C2Q 6600, had gone off warrantee right when the company realized that i3's weren't really cutting it for Inventor.)

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report