Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Dynamic Hinged Door Model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1316 Views, 2 Replies

Simple Dynamic Hinged Door Model

I'm sure you more knowledgeable gurus out there will have a quick answer for this. I'm trying to create (what should be) simple model of a hinged door. 

The frame is constructed of an extruded profile and so is the "insert" or door panel

I have been able to create this with some sub-assemblies but it does not allow me to operate (hinge open) the door in the model.

I initially thought that I could have the insert profile in an assembly that is unconstrained and then I could size the insert with constraints relative to the frame extrusion in a higher level assembly. But can’t seem to get it to work

I’m relatively new to the 3d world so I feel my road block is not understanding exactly how to make the model dynamic and yet functional.

Any Help at all would be a great. I’m losing sleep over something that I’m sure is an easy concept

So to summarize I need to create a model that is;

Driven by one sketch (width and height)

Made of a frame extrusion and an insert extrusion (aka door panel)

a functional hinging model

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yannicknielsen
in reply to: Anonymous

As I understand it, your hinge is a subassembly in a top assembly.

When you put subassemblies in another assembly they cannot move, unless you right click them and choose "Flexible".

in order for that to work, you also have to make sure that your hinge can move in its own assembly.

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

If you can't figure it out - attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report