Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Similarities between inventor and NX 7.5

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
peng017
3503 Views, 3 Replies

Similarities between inventor and NX 7.5

Hey all,

I am a frequent user of autodesk inventor (up to 2013 version now; getting used to it). In the near future, i may be moving to a workplace that only uses NX 7.5 (I'd never even heard of this until today).

My question is: How similar are the 2 programs? will i be able to pick up NX 7.5 relatively easily having used inventor to a good extent? or are the 2 programs very different? Or, better yet, is there some sort of functionality in inventor that could allow me to use inventor instead of NX 7.5 (file conversions or etc)?

I would appreciate feedback from any NX and inventor users.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster401
in reply to: peng017

not an actual NX user - but am exposed to it here at the support center where I work.

NX and Inventor are like night and day.  You'd be better off comparing SW to Inventor and vice versa.

NX is at the top end of solid modeling software complete with a ton of features  not available in Inventor.  Although NX is nothing like Pro-E, I rate both of those as comparible in terms of complexity in terms of use.

I'd recommend seeking NX beginner classes/training.

Message 3 of 4
don.j.dawson
in reply to: peng017

Investor is a toy compared to NX. Your going to need a class for it. I have had 3 university classes in it and every other program is cake to work with. I can pick them up and use them. ...NX is not like that at all.

Message 4 of 4
tsreagan
in reply to: don.j.dawson

NX is also known as UG.  or ugg as I like to call it.

While It does have a more detailed/complex modeling system.

I would not look at it's difficulty as being a factor of it sophistication,  in my opinion, it is just not as well developed from a user standpoint as Inventor.

I feel for you sir.

T.S.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report