Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinkwrapped Assemblies always visible in Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BryanDaniels
372 Views, 2 Replies

Shrinkwrapped Assemblies always visible in Drawings

I've searched all over for this and don't even see it referenced.  Since I switched to Inventor 2010 Pro, I've been seeing an issue I can't find resolution to.  If I have an assembly that is one purchased part, I shrinkwrap it and place it as a part.  Been doing that since shrinkwrap first appeared.  For some reason some of my shrinkwrapped parts, though set to invisible in the assembly, (I am using association and representations, saving, locking and all that nice stuff), still show in the drawings.  Even more insane is that the visibility is off in the drawing.  Yet, there it is, big as life.  My only fix so far has been to revert back to the assembly instead of the shrinkwrapped part.  Anyone have any ideas??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: BryanDaniels

Hi and welcome to the forum!

What you describe is a bug in Inventor 2010, and the bug persists through to Inventor 2012.  I don't know if it still exists in 2013 or 2014.

See the following thread for more information (including a workaround solution):

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Part-Visibility-in-Assembly/m-p/3506398/highlight/tr...

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
BryanDaniels
in reply to: cwhetten

Sorry, I haven't had a chance yet to try this out.  I had already replaced the offending components with the "assembly from whence they came."  I see what you mean about a work-around, though I won't actually have solved anything.  I will probably just remain gun shy until we move up to 2014!!!  Thanks for the answer, though!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report