Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinkwrap Visible in IDW, Even When Visibility is Off (Inv 2010)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DesignerGuy1
306 Views, 2 Replies

Shrinkwrap Visible in IDW, Even When Visibility is Off (Inv 2010)

I am having, and have been for some time, a major issue with shrinkwrapped parts showing up as visible in an idw, even when the part visibility has been toggled to "off".  I have a model with two conveyors, one is the active design, and the other is a shrinkwrap of the conveyor that feeds it.  I have a design view representation set that leaves the active conveyor visible, and sets the shrinkwrapped conveyor to not visible.

When I create an idw using this model, i place a view using this model, using the design view representation that I created with the active conveyor visible and the shrinkwrap not visible.  However, both conveyor show up in the view.  I change my selection to part priority and select the shrinkwrap, right click, and see that the visibility of the part is un-checked, so I break the link between the view and the view representation, select the shrinkwrap again, and check visibility.  This, of course, makes no change, since I have now made the part visible in the idw (despite the fact that it was already visible, even when turned off).

After turning the visible invisible part visible, I re-select the part and right click and un-check the visibility box, so now the part should be invisible, but it is not.  Even with the visibility turned off, the part is visible, and hiding stuff that is beneath/behind the part that shouldn't be seen in the first place.

I have tried using the design view representation to turn the shrinkwrap visibility off in the idw, to no avail.  I have also tried not using design view, and just turning the part visibility off in the idw, to no avail.  I have tried creating a level of detail to suppress the part that I don't want to see, and it still shows up in the idw, even when suppressed.  I have even deleted the part from the model and re-inserted it, and that doesn't work, either.

I need this geometry turned off in my idw.  I also need the part in the model for other views that require the part to be seen, so simply deleting the part from the model is not a solution.

If any of you have seen this behavior before, and knows how to fix it, could you please point me in the right direction?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DesignerGuy1
in reply to: DesignerGuy1

I was unable to edit my OP, but I wanted to add a little bit of information:

The shrinkwrap is a surface shrinkwrap, link broken, holes patched from 999 to 9999, 2.5% size omitted, 3% visibility omitted.

Message 3 of 3
DesignerGuy1
in reply to: DesignerGuy1

OK, I may be just talking to myself here, but I finally got this figured out.  Since this has been plaguing me for months, I thought I should post the solution, in case anyone else comes across this issue and can't figure out how to fix it.

Right click on the shrinkwrapped part that just will not turn off, no matter what you try, and select find in browser.  Expand the node for the part, find the "Surface Bodies" node (folder?), right click it and un-select visibility.

It doesn't make much sense to me that the lines I was seeing were the surfaces, rather than the part made of the surfaces, and that I should have to turn the surface visibility off instead of the part, but hey, I don't write the code, I just use it.  I would think that, once you have turned the visibility of the part off, that would include the surfaces that make up the part, but what do I know, I'm just a redneck with a computer.

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report